How to tie a tie, a step by step explanation. Learn the quickest and most popular method to tie a tie, the four in hand knot.
1. At the beginning, the wide end of the tie should be on your right side and the other end should be on your left side.
2. Cross the wide end over the other end. Now three regions are formed (Left, Right and Center).
3. Bring the wide end under the narrow end to the Center region.
4. Bring the wide end over to the Right region.
5. Bring the wide end underneath the narrow end from Right to Left.
6. Bring the wide end up to the Center region.
7. Bring the wide end under the knot from Center to Right.
8. Bring the wide end over the front to the Left region.
9. Bring the wide end under the narrow part from Left to Center.
10. Bring the wide end down and pass the loop in front. Ensure that the knot is tightened.
11. Use one hand to pull the narrow end down gently and use the other hand to move the knot up until it reaches the center of the collar.